Scenario and Summary
This lab supports the following TCOs.
TCO 5—Given a web page that requires images and advanced styles, create and edit graphics and incorporate them into the page.
TCO 10—Given a project, create a website that contains text, links, images, and any other content necessary to complete the website using HTML and external CSS.
- Obtain 10 original photos.
- Research on the Internet and find some code that will allow you to create a slideshow.
- Create a page with your photos and the code you find.
- Create a Word document showing the source for your slideshow code. Make sure to document your HTML code also.
Step 1: Get Photos
Find 10 photos.
- The photos can be obtained through http://quest.eb.com.proxy.devry.edu/ or from http://commons.wikimedia.org.
- If you have personal images that you wish to use for the assignment, be sure that you cite them correctly according to APA guidelines.
- All of the images you use should be cited in the sources document that accompanies this assignment.
- IMPORTANT! Make sure that the version of each image you use for the slideshow is less than 500K. Ten images at 500K is 5 MB, and adding the document should total no more than 7 MB.
Step 2: Research Slideshow Code
One example is http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2012/04/25/pure-css3-cycling-slideshow/.
Step 3: Build Page and Document Sources
- Create the slideshow according to your selected research, using the images you located in Step 1.
- The slideshow should run automatically and should contain a text-based title for each slide.
- Write a description of the process that the slideshow uses to cycle through the slides, and cite the source of your code.
Step 4: iLab Submission
- Create a folder called CIS363A_YourLastName_W4_Lab.
- Put copies of each required deliverable into the new folder.
- Right-click on the folder and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder. You can also use other tools to compress the files into a single zip folder (e.g., 7-zip).
Submit your lab to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these step-by-step instructions or watch this Tutorial Dropbox Tutorial.
See the Syllabus section “Due Dates for Assignments & Exams” for due date information.
|Word document with sources||10|
|Completed web page with slideshow||15|
|Any other files necessary for the slideshow to work||5|
This assignment includes a zip document.
- CIS363A_Lab_4.zip (3.01 MB)
List Price: $12
Buy More Save More
Buy at least TWO items & save up to 30% OFF your ENTIRE order!
Rack up instant rebates in your shopping cart. Simply add items to your cart, and see the savings add up.
Discounts will automatically be applied on eligible orders.