- Get access to a MySQL environment.
- Familiarize yourself with the environment.
II. PARTS LIST
- EDUPE Omnymbus Environment (https://devry.edupe.net:8300); and/or
- MySQL (dev.mysql.com/downloads).
You may do the labs in this class on your own computer equipped with MySQL or you may use the MySQL environment hosted by the vendor Omnymbus. You may even use both.
Using MySQL on your own computer means downloading a version from dev.mysql.com/downloads and installing the database engine on your computer. This can be done easily and there are a number of resources on the web to help you with this process.
You may also use the MySQL environment hosted by Omnymbus by logging in with your credentials to https://devry.edupe.net:8300.
Using the first approach will give you experience writing programs on a desktop computer and accessing a database. Using the second approach will give you experience writing applications that access a database in a cloud environment.
You are encouraged to use both approaches.
Desktop MySQL Environment
- Download the MySQL Community Server from the http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/ website.
- Install MySQL on your computer.
- Open the MySQL Environment on your computer.
- Login to the MySQL Omnymbus Environment by following the instruction located in Doc Sharing (document titled “Login MySQL Omnymbus Environment”).
Lab Procedure Continued (common to both environments)
- Create a database named “Baseball”.
- Create a table named “Teams” and add the following fields:
- TeamCode (character 5)
- TName (character 20)
- TAddress (character 30)
- TCity (character 20)
- TState (character 2)
- TZip (character 9)
- Wins (integer)
- Losses (integer)
- Populate the table with 8 teams.
- Create a table named “Players” and add the following fields:
- FirstName (character 20)
- LastName (character 30)
- MidInit (character 1)
- PAddress (character 30)
- PCity (character 20)
- PState (character 2)
- PZip (character 9)
- Phone (character 11)
- Team (character 5)
This assignment includes a zip document.
- DBM405A_Week_1.zip (160.73 KB)
List Price: $12
Buy More Save More
Buy at least TWO items & save up to 30% OFF your ENTIRE order!
Rack up instant rebates in your shopping cart. Simply add items to your cart, and see the savings add up.
Discounts will automatically be applied on eligible orders.